Tuesday, June 8, 2010

~William Howard Thompson House~


While surfing today, I found one of the most beautiful homes so I thought I would share it with you! I hope you enjoy the tour as much as I did!


This home is located in Jacksonville, Ill., it is a stately, six-bedroom house is a landmark of that city's historic district.

What a beautiful welcoming!


The dining nook, love the floor length mirror!





This is signature "Euro Trash" Style. The straight lines of the bookcase with the carved gilded sofa. Look at the painting, so soft but yet what a presence it brings to the space.


Details, take a close look at the slipcovers on the chairs. They have a tufted button detail on them! The armoire is a stately piece for the space.



Dividing the living room from the sitting room is an archway rimmed in tooled leather and guarded by carved indian heads. Wow! I would love to have this archway in my home...


One of the children's bedrooms.  I could certainly call this room mine!


Ah, the vanity...So simple but yet so lovely!



Look at the details in this room, the slipper tub, mirror and chair.  That blue on the chair gives so much to the room, just takes my breath away!

I hope you have enjoyed the tour.  See you tomorrow...
Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. Great house, I enjoyed the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri, thanks for stopping by.
    I m your newest follower.Your blog is beautifull.I enjoyed the tour, thanks for sharing pictures.
    Greetings from Croatia (Europe), Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm freaked out right now. My friend's house is known as Porter Place in Collierville TN and his name is John. It is an antebellum home that his mother grew up in. His grandfather's name was John Porter. I'll have to share this page with him! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete