Thursday, September 2, 2010

~Here I am again!~

The brain blockage came back (yikes)!  I think I've had too much on my mind lately and have spent way too much time with Doctors this summer!  It seems like I'm always with one (ugh)!  2 car accidents in a year can make you spend a lot of time with the good guys in white coats (hehe). 

I sat down tonight and had a long talk with myself (seems like that is getting to be the norm also...oh boy...I've finally lost it)!  I've decided that I can not let all this stuff get me down and not enjoy life!  I have to get back in the swing of things...so with that little note...I thought I would share some pictures of my office.

So here goes...



I just had to have a glass paned door, stained dark...I love dark stained wood!

Oh boy...I forgot to hide the basket that contains some of my material...


Here is my glitter and ribbon organizer!

I tried to use as much "wall space" as possible so I hung my thread (I know it's not close to my machine but it was the perfect spot for it)!

Here are my built in shelves...All of the cabinets were on sale and unfinished.  I painted them and distressed them myself...

This side is my husbands side (yes...I have to share...*sigh*), but when he isn't here or I kick him out...it's my sewing side (I love the double sided desk)!

Since this space functions as an office and craft room, I had JB( that's what his friends all call him), build this little file storage (it's really suppose to help keep me organized...don't tell JB that it really doesn't..HEHE)! It was a job for him, he had to route the boards then cut out thin plywood for the separators! I'm soooo glad he loves me!


My side...where all the magic happens!  The tops of both sides of the desk are made of recycled 2x4's...my honey cut and glued each board together then routed the edges...

My little dresser in the corner...found in the trash, it houses my material and a closer look at the vignette on top...

Here are my stools...I'm thinking about recovering them in burlap...what do you think?? Leave me a comment and let me know...


The desk is all hand built by JB and myself, JB was so sweet to listen to what I wanted and made additional storage at the end for my craft stuff and at the back for my CPU and cables...


Hope you enjoyed the tour and I look forward to your comments!  See ya tomorrow!

2 comments: