Monday, August 22, 2011

Nightstand Redo

Well, as promised I will show before and after photos of a pair of nightstands that I picked up for little of nothing!  I had fully planned on redoing these little (ok, not so little) and reselling them.  Once my daughter laid eyes on them, she had to have them for her place.  They turned out so cute and goes with her bed perfectly...so without further ado...

This is the before, green distressed but very blah...

Here it is, black (my daughters favorite furniture color)

I lined decoupaged the bottom with distressed scrapbook paper

Closer view ...

Here are the knobs that she picked, she did not like the gold...so I painted them...

Grey, outlined with black and layered a couple of layers of stain on to age them to perfection (and of course no close up...omg...I forgot!)

Here it is done, and slightly distressed!

Hammers, nails, chain...all do wonders to get that aged look...


So what do ya think?  The pair turned out great and she loves them...
She has a high bed so the taller legs were perfect!
Thanks so much for stoppin by and takin a peek...see you
tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment