Friday, April 29, 2011

~Ladders~

I come from a long line of Quilters...
My mom's mom quilted for as long as I can remember...
When she passed away I simply asked for one thing,
her wood frame.  I was lucky enough to get the frame, alot of material,
a quilt that was already on the frame plus mounds of quilts.
The most cherished was the old raggy quilt on her bed (I was told...
throw it away, it's too old and torn to use)!
My Great-Grandmother and Grandmother on my dad's side were quilters
also.  I inherited several quilts from them also.
What does one do with about 75 quilts?
Well...I stack them, display them, use them but my favorite thing to do
with them is to put them on an old ladder in the corner of
my living room...I change them often...
I Love Ladders...the older the better, the color dosen't matter,
chippy paint, peeling paint, weathered...stained...ladders are the
best way to display...well...anything...
Here are a few pictures of old ladders that are used for display...
Here is my "Primitive" Ladder...It changes alot...

The Old Painted Cottage's New Ladder in her Dining Room...

This is simply Beautiful...

Courtesy of Singbird...







the following were featured on or belong to Funkjunk Interiors...






So...no matter what uses you can find for your Ladder...did it out of the garage and start decorating!
Have a wonderful weekend...
Terrie


No comments:

Post a Comment